Wednesday 8 August 2012

Zilch!!!!


If you are wondering what I have been up to since i last spoke to you, I would say plenty however if you were to ask me have you finished that lovely baby blanket, my answer would be no.

I know I know I am desperate to get it done as well [obviously not that desperate since it is not yet done :)D ] but as any avid crocheter will tell you, we are like the british weather. we say it will be sunny then we bring you rain. so ... you wonder what i have been up to?

well.... I went out and bought more yarn. I blame it on my lovely work colleague whose name starts with A :) I was discussing yarn with her ...yes yarn......!!!!! there is plenty to discuss regarding yarn !!!  Anyways the topic led to king cole which led to yarn stores in the area which led me to the thought 'mmm... i have not visited that shop in a while..... and they have some lovely kingcole yarn.' Wednesday afternoon found me popping in to see what they had ... and i came out with more yarn. 

Oh yes; I also managed to promise my sister that i would start to create my own yarn designs eeeek!!!!
yesterday seemed like the perfect opportunity to start. being an amazing fantasist, i could not choose a simple design as my first attempt. No i had to make it big. I will show you each stage as I go along and if anyone is very interested in making something similar, let me know and I will recreate it with instructions.

Below is part one of my design. it has taken me the whole of yesterday evening [with plenty of frogging], a discussion with A today and the arrival of my lovely new book [above] to work out how to do part 2 of my plan.
I am working with king cole variegated yarn. I am loving the colours. I tried to find a granny square which works up the way I am planning but could not so had to think it out myself. ignore the unweaved in yarn as well as the warped look to it. it will improve as i go along. I have enough yarn [800g] to allow for improvement.

It does not look like much right now but wait till you see my ambitious plans  :)D
Ok I am off to sleep. I need a few early  nights, feeling tired from too many nights.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback