Monday 13 August 2012

So.. this is what happened...

Well as you may be aware, I finally completed the addition of the final motif to my current commission. The plan was to complete the border last saturday evening but...

The family and I went to watch the kayaking and canoeing olympic finals. I had debated the matter of whether or not to carry any crochet with me. 
without much struggle, [as if there was any doubt] I came to the decision that I would carry something the question being what?


The commission?


 No too big.  My experiment [below]?
No i was not feeling inspired by it.

So, I took my new yarn with me. you remember it?


We had to travel to Windsor. This took about 1hr 30 mins


On The way, I managed to make quite a few granny squares. I was so excited!!! I could not stop myself. The return journey was very uncomfortable due to beautiful sunny weather however the extra heat of having wool in my lap could not stop me. I already knew where my journey was leading me. I knew i was in for 'crochet satisfaction'




On the trip back to London, I started the next stage and all I can say is WoW!!!!!!!! Not only is it big, it is also gorgeous. It makes me feel like I might actually be good at crochet!!!  :-)D Enjoy the pictures. I hope I have enough Yarn to make it what it should be but gosh I love it!!!!!!!






   
I think I have about 800g left but I think I will have to go and buy some more cause I don't think that it is going to be enough.


So the plan is to carry on with it. it will guide me as it grows. I am constantly amazed by what can be made with a simple granny square. 

2 comments:

  1. I love love love your blanket, it's going to be huge! Definitely think you need to get some more wool and keep on going with it. I get the feeling it's going to be a project to keep going back to every once in a while, whilst making other things. Can't wait to see what it's like once it's finished. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Juliab, thank you for your comments. I am glad to know that someone other than myself thinks that the throw is going to be gorgeous. I am enjoying making it but you were right in saying that it will take me a while. I will keeping blogging about my progress.

      Delete

Thank you for your feedback