Friday 21 September 2012

BEHOLD!

Hello I am still working on the big granny I was talking about the other day but, as I walked out of the house yesterday, I was hit by the chill in the air. This got progressively worse as I took my daughter to school. It gave me an urge make something for myself. A pretty scarf just for me came to mind. I had 2 small balls of yarn. One was a gift from a friend who was getting rid of yarn. I had known from the first time I saw it that it would be made into flowers. Pulling this light blue yarn and the variegated yarn out of the drawer, I got going as soon as I got home. I browsed the web for a pattern but could not find a pattern for what I wanted. So I pulled images of the Japanese flower scarf and using this and my own ideas put this together. I got so obsessed I took it to a friends for coffee. I then carried on when I got back home. I kept making adjustments as I went along so not all the flowers are the same. And for those with a keen eye, u will see the point at which I was nearly running out of yarn whilst still trying to maintain some balance in the look of the finished item. I got so obsessed I missed supper. My bottom was aching by the time I got up. I think it was a success.
I had hoped to wear it to work today but, my little one is not well so I am taking her to the doctors this morning instead and no I cannot wear it as I am blocking it. I really need to make myself a blocking board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback