Monday 6 May 2013

Where to start

When one has been away from blog land for a while, it can be difficult to know where to start. So much I want to tell you and yet I don't want to bore you. As a crochet blog surfer, I like to see some information about each project from its conception to completion but, I don't like to see too much. Getting that balance right is a difficult art indeed. So what have I been up to? In the upcoming blogs I will just pick any project and tell you about it. They won't be in order of creation. Today, we will look at:
My scrappy step afghan
I made this using the tutorial by Bethinx on you tube. Watch the video and the rest is history :)D the yarn I used came from America curtesy of my sister. There were a variety of colours which made deciding on a project more difficult. Lots of colour choice but limited yarn amounts.
The Scrappy Step Afghan is a very forgiving project. I would recommend it to anyone with loads of different coloured yarn odds and ends with limited amounts of each colour.
This afghan can be classified as easy to make. It grew at an amazingly fast rate and the constant changes of colour kept you interested. I think it was done at the end of 3 weeks of evening and weekend crochet. As it neared completion I decided on its recipient; my older daughter. It was with trepidation that I laid it out on her bed whilst she was out. I then waited to see if it would be loved or hated.... Well it was an instant success. It is dragged round the house and it is always on the bed.
No she is not 5; she is going to be 16 this year. Those of you with teenagers will understand what a compliment it is to see an open display of love. But then she is a sweet girl with a sweet heart :)D













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback