Sunday 7 October 2012

A chore rather than a joy

At present I feel like my crochet is a chore rather than a joy. I am spending more time knitting - which I hate!!!! No offence to knitters but I really dislike knitting. I am working with colours that are not my choice. The result = no joy At present it has even made me loose the urge to blog. I am sure you are wondering what I have been up to...
1. 2 knitted ruffle scarfs for work colleagues leaving for pastures new
2. A start on a knitted baby cardigan hat and booties in mint green
3. A baby blanket in white and yellow
4. I have yet to finish weaving in the ends of the blanket I finished a while back.
5 I completed my take on the Japanese flower scarf. Not sure I like it as much as I expected.
6 I made an ear warmer for my niece ( I enjoyed making it)

Does any one ever feel like that? Putting on a counsellors hat the quest I ask myself is
Q 'What would you rather be doing?'
A ' I would like to make a babette blanket. After I finish that I would like to make a beautiful baby blanket for a baby whose mum is due to finish work at the end of November. There is my ripple blanket which is calling out to me. I think i am no good at commissions. I prefer to create then sell or give away rather than the other way round. The problem is people ask and I don't say no.
Q 'why don't you say no?'

A 'that is a good question. I don't really know the answer to it.' I will have to think about it for a while before getting back to you.

Q 'that is fine but how are you going to deal with your current situation?'
A ' I will list all outstanding projects. I will then work through them starting with the most urgent. '

Q 'that sounds good but where is the incentive?
A '" I give up" see my pics below they show all the projects I have listed above. They are 4/10 current WIP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback