Friday 30 November 2012

A healing blanket

My cousin is not well so I am making him a blanket. He keeps saying he is very cold. I hope to finish it by Sunday so I can take it to him.
I am using style craft super chunky. Total of 12 balls. I hope it will be big enough as he is quite tall.
I call it a healing blanket cause I am maintaining positive loving healing encouraging thoughts and words in my head as I make it for him. When I work with red I think of life, the will to live. Green the solidity of life within the earth..even when it fades in deep winter spring always brings forth a new burst of life. At present he is in a deep winter but I hope the sprigs and seeds of spring will grow within him every time he uses it. Purple is for vibrancy for he is normally a very vibrant man with the ability to make all around him laugh. I ask you all to send your positive energies to me that I may infuse even more positivity into this just for him.

3 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, what a wonderful pattern - where did you get it from? I will be saying a prayer for your cousin tonight. This week I have learned how important family are, pulling together in times of need. I am sure your cousin will greatly appreciate your love and kindness in making this beautiful blanket for him. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julia thank you so much for your kindness and for your prayers they are greatly appreciated.
      The pattern is from a 154 wave pattern books
      It is funny that you should mention the importance of family- I was thinking exactly the same :)D. Thank you once again

      Delete
    2. Hope everything is ok with you? x

      Delete

Thank you for your feedback