Wednesday 10 July 2013

Crochet hiatus..

Have you ever had one? A crochet hiatus that is.. When nothing you want to make seems right; you start a project only to frog it; You look at your pattern books looking for inspiration but find nothing... What do you do in such a situation?
I made a lovely circular ripple blanket
and it appears to have taken all my inspiration or is it the baby blanket I made for a work colleagues granddaughter?
Or maybe the rushed little bag i just had to make the day I finished the blanket. Simply because I just had to feel that pattern flow through my fingers.


I know not, from whence the stagnation comes. All I know is that it is. I am now going to try and work out how to get over it. I have plenty of yarn..

For those who read my blog you may have seen how much yarn i have. If I did not blog about it let me know and I will enlighten you. 
So if yarn is not the issue what is? I recently discovered walking.??


Moves is an absolutely wonderful free iphone app that is helping me fulfil my 10,000 steps a day 
I am spending so much time in my head space surrounded by beautiful scenery
my creative side should be full of inspiration but oh no...nothing is good enough. I sit, I wait, I hope and I look for inspiration hopefully it will come soon.  In the mean time I will browse some of my crochet books looking for inspiration...
Here is to hoping that my inspiration will return. I yearn to create; to express; to share; I shall. Most definitely I will.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stella,
    Hope you're travelling well and 2013 has been good to you so far. That circular ripple blankie is THE most beautiful blankie I have ever seen. You are so clever!
    I'm just popping in to let you know about a little #reverb-like blog challenge my friend Meredith and I are offering from August 21 to 31. It's called August Moon and it looks all set to be magic!
    We'd be so excited if you joined us. You can find out more here: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/august-moon-13.html
    Take care,
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback